At the age of sixteen Bishop White confessed his faith in Jesus Christ as Savior and received the baptism of the Holy Spirit at Pentecostal Temple Holiness (Macon, GA), under the ministry of the Late Bishop L. C. Dunning. A year later, with a yielded heart and ear attuned to the clarion call of God, he accepted the ministerial call to preach the Gospel. Pursuant to his call to ministry, after much preparation and service to leadership, he was licensed as an Elder under the Pentecostal Assemblies of the World (PAW), and in 1998 established Emmanuel Apostolic Church where he pastored for three years. In 2001 the Lord directed him to Christian Community Church, where he faithfully serves as Senior Pastor.
Bishop White’s scholastic preparation for the ministry assigned to his hands has caused him to pursue both theological and secular studies; therefore, he has attended or is presently attending:
- Liberty University majoring in Biblical Studies and Education
- Aenon Bible College of Indianapolis, Indiana for a discipline in Theological Studies.
- Member of the Joint College of African American Pentecostal Bishops.
- Doctoral Degree in Divinity from St. Thomas Christian College in Jacksonville, Florida.
Bishop White serves as an instructor of individuals desiring to become mentors. His current and/or past involvement in the community includes but is not limited to:
- Founded Project F.B.I. (Fathers Being Involved)
- Serves on the Executive Board for the Reentry Coalition of Northwest Ohio.
- Pastoring a campus ministry at Bowling Green State University, in Bowling Green, Ohio.
- Facilitator to the Toledo Early College High School Branch of the Student African
American Brotherhood (S.A.A.B)
- Past President State of Ohio International Council of Community Churches
- Past President Ohio Brotherhood of Full Gospel Baptist Church Fellowship
- Past First Assistant to Toledo District Overseer, of Full Gospel Baptist Church Fellowship
- Volunteer, mentor and advisor to The Cherry Street Mission
- Member of Interdenominational Ministerial Alliance
- Executive Board Member of Dominion Assembly of Christian Churches
- Vice Presiding Bishop of Dominion Assembly of Christian Churches
Because of Bishop White’s ability to effectively touch the conscious and communicate with individuals of diverse walks of life he has been afforded the opportunity to expand his prolific and diverse ministerial gifting across barriers, and offer hope to those that hear his proclamation of the salvific message.
Bishop White is married to Pastor Tabitha, combined they have four adult children and five grandchildren.
Bishop Nolan G. White, D. D.